10 Points to consider before creating your website
Make a Website
Website is one of the essential things which you should have to take your business online. Whether you have an advanced website or a very basic one, you must have one. Website is the door to open all channels of online business. Whether you go for social media paid ads, google ads, lead generation, or the credibility of anything. If you don’t have a website, you won’t be able to do anything.
1. Informative: The website must contain all the information related to your business. Your products, services, team, testimonials, contact details, address, mission, vision, company, etc. If a user goes to your website, then he must be able to know everything about your business.
2. Show Originality: This is something on which significantly less businesses focuses. By originality, you must not show fake content to attract users. Show original content such as how you and your team work, your office images, your USPs, how important your clients are to you, etc. You must understand that originality brings trust, and trust brings more clients.
3. Represent your business: Suppose you buy an online shop to start a business. How will you set up your shop? You will choose colors wisely, display your products correctly, dress well to treat your clients, explain to your customers about various products in-depth, etc. In the same way, when you make a website, you must present your entire business on your website including your products, about business, live chat, WhatsApp chat, gallery, and how to buy products/ services.
4. Perform some primary quality assurance steps before going live with your website
- Alignment: It is imperative that the alignment of all of the content, images, columns, and rows be perfect. Alignment encourages order, and harmony is communicated through order, combining web page elements into a perfectly balanced layout.
- Font Standardization: Font standardization means sticking to one font family and font size which makes your website look professional.
- Visibility: The content needs to be visible; for instance, there is some dark text on a dark background, which means that it won't be readable enough. For the majority of businesses and websites, some colors are preferable to others. For instance, blue is frequently regarded as the safest option.
- Responsive and Mobile View: When a website is responsive, its design and/or content respond to the size of the screen they are displayed on and adjust accordingly. A responsive website adapts itself to the device you're using to see it. Your website receives 68.1% of user visits via mobile, so the mobile view must be extremely responsive.
- Spacing: There cannot be any columns, rows, text areas, image areas, or other areas that have less or more space more than required. Your website will come out as unprofessional and lacking in content as a result.
- Dummy or duplicate content: No pages must have similar content. You can take the content and re-write it if you want but don’t put similar content in multiple places on your website. And avoid dummy content.
5. Choosing a company: Choose a web design business, such as Scoutbizz International, that takes care of all of the options available in their designs. They follow highly rigorous standards when conducting quality inspections.
Mistakes People do while making a website.
6. Spend too much time: You must establish a timeframe for finishing your website. The majority of people invest months in creating their websites. Your website can be ready in 2 to 8 days if your requirements are not too extensive. A basic website can be created quickly; but, if you are using programming languages or have complex requirements, it could take up to a month.
7. Understanding Requirements: You can entirely rely on the developer if your requirements are simple. However, some individuals mistakenly believe that website developers are experts who can create exactly what we envision. There is a dilemma here; even if the developer is skilled, he might not comprehend your concept. If your request or advance is complicated, you must communicate your vision to the developer. A web developer can create a decent website but is only skilled at creating websites, not businesses. For the developer to effectively represent your business on your website, you must fully disclose all aspects of your operation.
8. Building a website on your own: Some people believe that creating a website is quite simple, and they can do it by simply viewing a YouTube video. When compared to programming languages, creating a website with CMS tools like WordPress, Shopify, Wix, etc., can be simple, but it's not simple as you might believe. Even if you create a website, you won't be able to give it the professionalism that it needs. It is inexpensive to prepare a website. A reputable business like Scoutbizz International can complete it for you in as little as 6000/- to 8000/- rupees. Therefore, it is preferable to spend a little money, save time, and give your website a polished appearance.
9. Not understanding the developer’s point of view: Sometimes we get the impression that we know everything, and that the developer will implement everything in accordance with our expectations. To ensure that the developer is able to correctly implement your specifications, there must be transparent communication between your team and them.
10. Chasing Perfection: You must understand that perfection will never be achieved. If you will chase perfection at the first stage then you may never be able to get your website ready. Perfection will come from time to time. So, initiate your work even with a basic website and get it edited.